Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm trying to lose weight AGAIN


I have been complaining alot recently about sorting out and changing several aspects of my life. I feel miles away from where I’d like to be. But while I have spent a ton of energy complaining, I have done very little to actually bring about any change. I’ve sort of been waiting for someone or something to sort things out for me. I am actually tired of the sound of my complaining voice. If I were a friend of mine, hearing me complain all the time, I’d smack me and walk away.


The other day, a friend told me to set small goals instead of making an overwhelming life plan. That sounds doable. So that is what I am doing. My first focus and goal is to focus on my health and fitness. I have joined a gym, met a trainer and taken a huge leap in leaving my darling Lucas in the gym day nursery for an hour each visit. I am sort of riddled with guilt over it, but there really is no other way.

I am 15 weeks post-partum and 20 pounds heavier than I was this time last year. And I have a long road ahead. I know this. It was confirmed. I met with a trainer who was kind enough to not only weigh me, but also measure my body fat percentage (40.9). Geez thanks for that. I am two weeks in and have lost NOTHING. But I am going to stick to my plan.  

At the moment nothing makes me feel fatter than going to the gym. Why? Because healthy fit people tend to go to the gym and those healthy fit people have the cheek to exercise RIGHT NEXT TO ME! And I DONT LIKE IT! I am coping and still making it to the gym though, telling myself “you have three children” to make myself feel better. Ah well.


Next focus, career ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment