Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Hair Gone Short



I've done it. 17 inches of my curly-locks are making their way to the Little Princess Trust to make wigs for children who need it more.


I feel lighter and younger and there is a certain skip in my step. It looks great but I cannot say that I am overwhelmed with the look, even though I think the hair-dresser did an amazing job. I've had long hair for most of my life, and like most ladies, I have difficulty both making and accepting changes. But change was needed and I wasn't doing the length any justice wearing it in untidy buns and pony-tails days after day.

I did get a bit teary as I heard the scissors cut through the thick pony tail. I felt like I was saying goodbye to my youth. You can't donate hair once you have too many grays  and since my hair is starting to come in gray, it is probably safe to say this is the last time I will be able to make this gift, so I am glad that I did it now.

You know that hair-dresser feeling? (when the hair dresser styles and shines it to perfection). I wonder if it will look like this after I wash it. Probably not.

But here's to new beginnings and change.





No comments:

Post a Comment