Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry


On Thursdays my organic fruit and veg box arrives at my doorstep so Wednesdays I am left trying to make something wonderful out of whatever is left in the fridge. Today's lunch was delish. Myself & the girls devoured our portions. I served it with a seeded flour tortilla (known as a wrap in the UK), a cherry tomato and freshly squeezed lemonade.

Ingredients: (served 4) - takes about 35 minutes

  • 2 cooked chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces (I used leftovers from Monday's roast chicken)
  • 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled & cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 small onion (diced) 
  • 1 can coconut milk (about 400ml/or 13.5 ounces)
  • 8 ounces chicken stock (I used a knorr cube in lukewarm water)
  • 2 tbs curry paste (I used a tangine paste mixed with englisg mustard) 
  • salt & pepper
  • any other herbs of your liking
  • 2 tbs sunflower oil (or any other cooking oil)
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a large skillet or wok. Add onions and cook on low heat until translucent (about 5 minutes)
2. Add curry paste and mix well. 
3. Add sweet potatoes and cook about 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes.
5. Add salt, pepper and any other herbs of your preference. 
6. Turn heat up to medium and add stock. Cook for 5 minutes. 
7. Add coconut milk and stir well. Allow to bubble. Let simmer until sweet potato is tender (about 15-20 minutes). While simmering stir occasionally. 
8. Serve over brown rice. My girls were pulling at my knees in hunger so I served with seeded wraps. 






No comments:

Post a Comment