Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Cookies

Yum. I just invented this cookie about an hour ago.

I am a chocolate loving fiend and so I wanted to make a double chocolate chip cookie. I used dark chocolate chips because I was craving a rich pleasure. This recipe turns out lovely, moist, dark and yields about 30 medium extremely rich cookies. Initially I was making this batch for the Halloween party scheduled for two days from now but I have "tasted" so many I fear I'll have to make another batch.  Total cooking time. 27 minutes (15 measuring/preparing & 12 baking) .

Ingredients:
unsalted butter (room temperature) - 3.7 ounces or 105 grams (that's just under an american stick of butter)
light brown sugar (I like muscavado) - 5.3 ounces or 150 grams
vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
1 large egg
flour -  5.3 ounces or 150 grams
cocoa powder - 1.4 ounces or 40 grams
baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
dark chocolate chips (I used 200 grams or 7 ounces)

1. Heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 c).
2. Combine butter and brown sugar and whisk until creamy but not runny. I used a hand whisk which took about 15 minutes and tons of energy.
3. Add vanilla extract to butter/sugar cream and mix.
4. Add egg to above and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking powder and combine well.
6. Slowly add dry ingredients to butter cream mixture and combine well. But don't let it get runny.
7. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
8. Spoon out dough on lined baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Each spoonful should be about a full teaspoon. They are very rich so need to be small.
9. Bake for 12 minutes.
10. Remove baking sheets with cookies on them from baking tray immediately. You don't want the heat from the tray to keep cooking the cookies.




1 comment: