Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Really Rich Really Thick Really Easy Icing (Frosting)


I am hosting a Halloween party in a couple of days and since my life is chaotic enough I made my frosting for my Halloween cupcakes a couple of days early. I wanted something really rich, really thick, really easy. I'll post pictures of my Halloween cupcakes once they are made. But for now, here is a really easy icing (frosting recipe) that can be used for anything. Disclaimer: This recipe is very rich and not mild like a butter cream. But I think it is absolutely delicious!

Ingredients:

unsalted butter - 4 tablespoons/ or half a stick of butter in USA terms
confectioners sugar (icing sugar) - 2 cups (16 ounces)
milk - 3 tablespoons
vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
pinch of salt

1. Toss all of the above ingredients in a bowl and beat together until light, fluffy, creamy and delicious. I used a hand whisk. It came out fabulous but took ages and alot of patience. Happy Whisking.


frosting going into storage container for later use

No comments:

Post a Comment