Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Feng Shui on a Budget


Last week I attended an all inspiring Feng Shui lesson. About 5 minutes into the 45 minute talk I realized that my personal likes are already Feng Shui-esque. Afterwards, I came home and ran through all of the rooms in the house making lists and drawings of how things needed to change. Full of beans, I enthusiastically shared my visions and thoughts with my husband as I heated his dinner. He was quiet. Disturbed by his lack of excitement I looked over at him and when we made eye contact he softly said "what is this going to cost?" Point taken! I'm not going to spend thousands on this task but I am going to slowly (and broadly) Feng Shui my house. I am starting with the entrance and office.

My first purchase is above. I went to a series of local charity shops and picked up all three items above for less than a fiver. The combination of white and red is supposed to represent prosperity and clarity. If you want to have a go at your own house here is a summary of the talk I attended. I will be posting pictures of my progress as it comes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment