Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Diary of Unsexy: Hey it Happens

The girls are sick, snotty, congested, coughing and really just looking a bit gross. It is 8pm. I should be asleep because I know they will be up in the middle of the night. But hey – I live life on the wild side.

So why am I feeling unsexy? Ok. Let’s start with the fact that I have succumbed to whatever virus is plaguing the girls and I am now typing this with rolled up pieces of toilet roll up each nostril. Add to that my unsexy attire, which consists of a maternity shirt, tattered gray jogging pants, old striped socks, and yes – oh yes – my husband’s ugly brown slippers, all disguising these very unshaven and pale legs (See photo).  C’est la vie.
I did wake up this morning hopeful, showering and doing my makeup. However, within an hour I was covered in snot, spit, food, drinks ... I tossed in the towel and dressed to un-impress.

I’m tired and the remainder of the week is going to “suck”, but hey, I just need to get on with it. There is no reason I should tell you this, but just now, I had to stop typing because the paper up my nose was soaked through. Having sorted that out, I can continue .... hmmm – motherhood.

Now I am off to enjoy some soy milk and will be in bed by 9. Cheers. Here's to a speedy recovery for the household! 

No comments:

Post a Comment