Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Spicy Beet Root Soup


Ok. So there is NO method to my madness. I cook everyday and I don't use recipes. I kind of just wing it & experiment. I had some odd bits in the fridge that I did not know how to make use of for a family of four so I figured I would make a soup. I was given some locally grown beetroot today so I kind of combined it all into this delicious soup. It was very spicy. I wouldn't give it to the girls.

Here what I had to work with.
5 beetroot
1 portabello mushroom
1/2 red pepper
1 jalapeno
1 cup soy milk
8 ounces double cream

1. Peeled and cut beetroot into small pieces.
2. Cut mushroom and red pepper into small pieces.
3. Tossed all vegetables into a pot of boiling water. Added whole jalapeno and garlic clove. Seasoned. Allowed to boil then reduced heat & covered. Cooked for another 20 minutes covered (on low heat).
4. Slowly added 1 cup soy milk and allowed to bubble. Seasoned.
5. Slowly added double cream and allowed to bubble. Cook covered on low heat for 15 minutes).
6. Let cool.
7. Blended.
8. Returned to pot to reheat for serving.

yummy but very spicy.

1 garlic cloves

No comments:

Post a Comment