Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
caramel & cocoa

Caramel & Cocoa - cooking, parenting, fashion, diy, eating, living, a blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waste not Want not Wednesday Stir Fry


It is Wednesday & tomorrow I get my organic fruit & vegetable box delivered so today I am trying to get rid of everything I have in the fridge. I made a quick stir fry for lunch using the left over food from Monday which consisted of roast pork, a bit of squash & brown rice. It took about 15 minutes start to finish & the girls & I loved it. Plus it feels good to not have waste.

Here's what I did.

I diced 1/4 of an onion, 1/4 of a red pepper and tossed it all into a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Once the onion was translucent I tossed in the left over rice, left over squash and left over pork (diced into bits). I stirred & fried for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat. I then added 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce and cooked on low heat for five minutes. I served with olive bread. The olive bread was given to me by someone who came to our Halloween party. I had put it in the freezer in a plastic bag but last night I left it on the counter to defrost. So happy I did. It was a very good lunch.

Now, I am thinking about dinner and these are the bits I have to work with. I have no meats in the house so looks like a veggie night for all.

1 carrot, 3 sweet potatoes, 1 large potato

No comments:

Post a Comment